Thursday, August 21, 2008

Change Is In The Air

Found this on my computer today... It's from a few months ago but since I haven't written any blogs in a long time I thought I would post this...

July 6th 11:21pm
I'm really sleepy and may not get very far with this blog but I thought I would give it a shot anyways,

As I am curled up in my bed (laptop in hand) I can hear the piano softly sing as Mitch continues to work on a new song.  It is a slow, thoughtful sound; like a lullaby or a love song... I am not sure where the song comes from but it seems well suited for a quiet night in bed.

As I sit listening to the music my mind is spinning with thoughts that I can't quite grab hold of.  Like half told stories, it seems strongly familiar but only bits and pieces seem to spring out at me with no real organization or consistency. 

It seem like my life has been in a perpetual state of change for the past fifteen years and I am beginning to wonder why this fact continues to surprise me. The reality of life's ups and downs shouldn't be so shocking at my age; yet I still face each new challenge with the smallest hint of disappointment.  Life is not yet as easy as I was hoping it would be.

Last week I was beginning to feel as though I was finally getting a grip on things.  The kids and I finished up at Veritas and I have been planning for the coming year for over a month now.  Everything was falling into place and I was really looking forward to this next phase in our family life... Then we received news of several major changes taking place that will immediately affect our lives.  I don't yet know if these changes will be good or bad but the simple fact is that it could go either way.  All we can do is keep moving forward and have faith that God is working all things for "our good and his glory".

God has never let me down yet and at this moment the music is still playing, the house is still quiet and we are still looking forward to the coming school year… So for now I will set aside my concerns, turn off my computer and fall asleep to the sound of music...I am so blessed.   

No comments:

Post a Comment